Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Stacie's email on January 14, 2015

Buenas Tardes!!!

Hello my dear friends and family!

Thank you all for all of your sweet emails! It means the world to me that you've taken time out of your busy lives to pray for me and write to me. It brings me so much comfort every week and I always look forward to hearing from you :)

I apologize for the delay in my writing this email.  This morning we were able to finally leave CCM and visit the México City Temple. It was an incredible experience! It was closed for construction, but we were able to meet with other members and share our testimonies about the Gospel...it was really neat to hear their testimonies!

This week we got to teach a few members lessons for practice. This was a unique challenge because they expected us to know the language really well. We taught a woman named Zarahemla, she was so sweet. She is a single mother of three who has been out of work for a few months. Even so, she had a strong testimony and spoke so powerfully about it. It's amazing to hear the Gospel in another language.  It adds a whole new layer of depth and beauty to see different cultures and people rejoicing in the same truths. 

This week was another hard one. Me and Hermana Bringhurst were called to be the sister trainers in our zone, which meant our study time was cut in half because of all of our meetings. That just means we have to, from now on, rely on the Lord that much more during our lessons...pray for us! Spanish is getting harder too. I've realized that the more I learn the language, the more I realize how much I don't know! I've been praying so hard, but I get so discouraged sometimes. 

I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting this week about service. It was very difficult for me, I had written the whole thing out on a notecard, just in case, but I found myself really deviating from my notes quite a bit, which is a good sign I think! This was the only week that my mission President, Presidente Pratt, came to join our Sacrament Meeting so I was pretty nervous! 

I was having a really difficult time with some personal things earlier this week, so I asked my Zone Leader, Elder Carlson, for a blessing. The Elders here are really incredible young men. It was probably a really inconvenient time to ask, but as soon as I did, there were several Elders who dropped everything they were doing to join in. The blessing was beautiful (so beautiful that I even caught one of the Elders getting emotional), and very personal to me. It was a very touching experience, to feel a physical weight lifted off my shoulders as soon as the blessing was given.

Heavenly Father has poured out so many blessings over me, way too many to count! I feel like there is an invisible bubble of protection around me wherever I go. I have been blessed with abnormally great health, peace, and comfort since I've been here, and I've been praying so hard for my family back at home to feel those same tender feelings that can only be given by our loving Heavenly Father. 

May you all experience something, anything this week that will bring you closer to Him! 

Hasta proximo semana mi familia!!! 

With much love, 
Hermana Townley :)
-- 
Sister Stacie Morgan Townley

No comments:

Post a Comment