Sunday, July 26, 2015

Stacie's email and pics July 20, 2015



 This is Hector and Patty, with their granddaughters at the baptism...Don't they look great in white?



My Dear Family,

I can't believe we are already hitting the last part of July. Time flies soooo fast! We have been grateful here in Tucson for the "cooler" weather....its been in the low 100s this week, which has been such a blessing! It makes a huge difference. We are also approaching a new transfer this week, which means lots of changes. I am staying in Central Tucson, but I'll be getting a brand new missionary and training her for the next 12 weeks. It's going to be challenging because I still feel relatively new (especially with learning Spanish), but I have found much peace and assurance that this will be a great transfer. Among the challenges of life is learning to trust in the Lord's will and timing. Elder Neal A. Maxwell said,  "Since the Lord wants a people “tried in all things” (D&C 136:31), how specifically will we be tried? He tells us, I will try the faith and the patience of my people (see Mosiah 23:21). Since faith in the timing of the Lord may be tried, let us learn to say not only, “Thy will be done,” but patiently also, “Thy timing be done.”

Hector and Patty were baptized this week. As we were finishing up the lessons before Saturday, we were drilling them with questions to make sure they were ready to embark on this eternal journey towards Christ. Their testimonies just amaze me. They've been confronted with a lot of testimony-shaking issues from their family members this week, but they stand up for what they believe, and told us right beforehand that they "have absolutely no doubts" about their decision to get baptized into La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias. The baptism was so beautiful, so reverent, and there was a very special spirit there. We were also able to witness Bryant Reyes (a member of a less-active family that we've been teaching) get baptized at the same time. It was a such special day. There are no words to describe the happiness that I feel to see those people humble themselves before the Lord and follow Him by being baptized. 

I've had the opportunity this transfer to really study the life of our Savior. I feel myself grow closer to Him as I study, apply, and teach the things that I learn. We carry a wonderful message: a message of hope and salvation to all who are struggling, lost, or hurt in any way. He is coming! He will HEAL and SAVE all who come unto Him! I love Him with all of my heart, and I am so grateful to have a part in His great Plan of Redemption. 

I cannot stress enough the urgency we need to have in discovering these truths for ourselves. He is coming, and we cannot procrastinate the day of our repentance! To all of the people in my life who I love with all my heart, please know that I know Him. He is real. And He wants every single one of you to pick up your own cross and follow Him. I wish this more than anything for all of you, because I love you. Follow Him, and let Him heal you. 

Until next week,
Hermana Townley 

No comments:

Post a Comment