Saturday, August 8, 2015

Stacie's email July 27, 2015

Dear family,

This week has been just full of miracles. I have to be brief this week because there is so much to do! I just love being a trainer! My new companion, Hermana Child, is doing well, she's picking things up really fast, she speaks really well in Spanish, and she's a really hard worker. I thank my Heavenly Father every day to be her companion. We have learned a lot from each other already and get along really well. What a blessing! 

I am really grateful for the guidance of the Spirit in my life. I'm grateful for the promptings and warnings I receive whenever I am confronted with a situation that could potentially be harmful. Every once in a while, when we go out knocking on doors, my companion and I both receive a warning from the Spirit about a certain house, and we turn right back around and walk away. I don't know why, I don't think I will ever know why we feel that way sometimes, but we just don't go there. Yesterday we had an experience that truly confirmed my faith in the protection and warnings of the Spirit. We went to see Yesenia, the lady we found after we lost our phone, and when we walked up to her house, she was crying. She has been in an extreme financial bind.  She had her phone, her tv, her couches and other things taken away because she couldn't pay her bills. All she had to eat was bread in her house. It just broke my heart. As soon as we started talking to her about Christ, a man walked in (most likely her boyfriend) and just started yelling at us and cursing at us, and tried to argue with us about points of doctrine. I would have liked to have shared my testimony and left it at that, but I just couldn't say anything. Not a word. The Spirit was strong with us, despite the situation we were in, and we were restrained from speaking. When we walked outside, after we silently endured his mocking us and swearing at us, Yesenia met us by our car so that he couldn't hear and told us that she was really impressed that we left without saying a word (he was really asking for an argument from us) and she could tell that we were good people and just wanted to help, so she asked us to come back in the morning when he wasn't there so that she could learn more. We were stunned. 

I am reminded of the scripture in D&C 84 that says "Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life and it shall be given you in the very hour that PORTION that shall be meted unto every man." How true these words are! 

This weekend we had another baptism of Eduardo and Consuelo, I am so grateful for the people I meet and to be able to see the changes that take place in their lives because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a truly beautiful thing. 

May you all continue to look for miracles and tender mercies from God in your lives. They are there!

With all my love, Hermana Townley 

No comments:

Post a Comment