Sunday, October 4, 2015

Stacie's email September 28, 2015

Dear family, 

I'm sorry to be so brief! Thank you for all of the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful work day, we found a family at 10 in the morning and were our doing service for the rest of the day. We were then able to kick back and enjoy some wonderful talks from some of the leaders of the church for the General Women's Conference. 

With General Conference fast approaching, and with the passing of one of my favorite Apostles (I know, I have lots of favorites haha), I would like to share a quote from Richard G. Scott about an important principle I learned this week: “Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit.”

​This life isn't supposed to be comfortable or easy. I've learned to have a better attitude about different trials and challenges that I experience from day to day. God does not expect us to be perfect, but he expects us to continually improve. ​I feel stronger this week than I did last week, and I am thanking God with all of my heart today for all of the things that were really hard to go through last week. It was time for me to grow, and today I feel empowered and ready to take on whatever is thrown at me because I know I have the Lord on my side helping me every step of the way! 

I hope you all enjoy Conference, I know I will :) 

Love, Hermana Townley

No comments:

Post a Comment