Friday, November 13, 2015

Stacie's email November 9, 2015

Angelica's Baptism


Dear family, 

This week was one of the best weeks that I've had on my mission thus far. Sometimes I find it hard to put into words through an email all of the things that I experience on a day to day basis that make me love what I do so much. Most of my experiences, I've come to realize, will always be held close to my heart but cannot be shared with people through my words. I'm learning that true miracle of serving the Lord in this short time is seeing myself really changing and becoming more like Him.

I had an epiphany this week about my missionary work. I feel like I've gotten it on a big secret, like all of a sudden a light bulb turned on in my head to help me understand and make connections with my purpose here in Tucson. I don't know why it took me so long to figure this out, and I feel a little silly typing this out because of how simple and obvious it is, but for some reason, it just hasn't "clicked" for me until now. The key to being successful in the work of salvation is LOVE!  Not just any kind of love either. It's the kind of love that you have to diligently pray for, the kind that is selfless, kind, patient, and long suffering; the kind that requires a lot of work and a lot of sacrifice. This is the only kind of love that changes hearts and changes lives. The scriptures refer to this kind of love as Charity. I have been told over and over and over again that that would be the key to my success as a missionary, but until I really tried to apply it, they were all just words to me. 

I'm learning how to love the way Christ loves. It was an amazing revelation that I received, and I have put all of my energy and effort into being more Christ-like and charitable this week. It is a gift from God and we cannot obtain it without His help. 

I went on an exchange earlier this week in Nogales, my first area. Oh how I loved to see all of my old friends and loved ones! It was a time of rejoicing when I heard of the progress of some, and a time of great sorrow when I heard of the regression of others. Either way, I was able to see that I've been able to form eternal relationships on my mission. I was also able to go to the baptism of Angelica in my other previous area, Sonora! It was a beautiful day :) 

The work of the Lord is going forward. I have no doubt in my mind that I am participating in the work of the Lord, and that He is always guiding, directing, and taking care of His missionaries. 

May you all have a blessed week! 

Love, Hermana Townley

No comments:

Post a Comment