Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Stacie's email November 23, 2015

Dear family, 

I'm getting transfered again! My area in Sahuaro is getting shut down, and we have so much organizing and cleaning to do in our apartment and car. The news was really surprising to me because I haven't been here very long, but I'm moving to an area really close by and I was told that both of the areas will combine starting in January. I will now be serving in the Los Reales branch with my previous companion Hermana Ferwerda starting tomorrow! 

This week was just amazing. Everyday I find new ways and new reasons to be grateful for the Savior and his gospel. With Thanksgiving Day coming up, my companion and I have been able to focus our teachings on all of our blessings and having an attitude of gratitude. I especially love teaching little children and doing fun festive activities with them for the holidays! What a special time of the year! I hope you are all able to take some time this week to ponder on all of the wonderful blessings that the Lord has given us!  

This year especially, I am grateful for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation. I've been pondering much this week on this particular topic, since several old ladies in our ward are preparing to enter the temple for the first time. We were given permission a few weeks ago to start the temple classes, and I've been able to really study about the Plan of Salvation with purpose, and really try to understand the material on a deeper level. I am grateful for the temple, more especially for the deeper relationship that I've formed with my Savior since I went through for my own endowments. It is a beautiful thing to make promises with Him and receive specific and powerful blessings in return. I am a better person when I go to the temple and learn more about the Lord's plan for me. 

I've gained a greater appreciation this week of knowing that God has a plan for me in my missionary experience. Being in Sahuaro has made me wonder many times about my purpose for serving in that particular area, and my faith has strengthened after being tested and tried several times. I am grateful for the trials that I have that make me stronger and closer to my Father in Heaven. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Let us focus all of our thoughts and actions in blessing and thanking God and others today and everyday! 

​Psalm 100:
1. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
2. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 
3. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us​, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him and bless his name.
5. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. 

​Much love, Hermana Townley​

No comments:

Post a Comment