Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Stacie's email March 17, 2015

Happy Birthday to my beautiful Lyvia Joy! I'm so sad I can't be there to celebrate her turning TWO years old, but I will be wishing her a wonderful birthday from Rio Rico :) 

This week has been rocky. There has been some contention among some of the missionaries in my district. But I have a very strong testimony in the timing and placement of the Lord's servants, and I truly feel like I can learn and grow from every person that I serve with. It's been quite an experience! This week is also transfer week, so there's been quite a few changes. However, my companion and I are stationed together again in Rio Rico, and I'm so grateful for that! 

We've been doing a lot of service activities this week as well. We spent almost 3 hours on Saturday morning preparing 400lbs. of carne asada and salsa for our big Stake Fiesta! It was a blast! It's so fun for me to be a part of the Mexican culture. I've started to really feel comfortable here, and I love the people with all my heart. 

The Romero family are progressing pretty well. We met with them twice this week, and we have invited them to be baptized. They really love the story about Joseph Smith's first vision, and have expressed that they feel the Spirit when we talk about him, but they want to make sure that it's true. They just need some time I think. 

I've been reading a lot in Jesus the Christ and have been fascinated by the things that I'm learning. I feel like I'm just starting to know exactly who Christ is and I've been so grateful to develop a stronger relationship with Him in the past few weeks.  I've also been pondering a lot on the concept of forgiveness. It's been a struggle for some of the people in my ward to overcome resentment, hatred, and anger that they feel for their close family members. 

I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is REAL. I've experienced it, and I use it everyday. The Infinite sacrifice that our Savior made for us is all encompassing, and so powerful. I know that only through the Atonement we can find real forgiveness. He makes everything right. Please use it. We cannot obtain the mercy of being forgiven without bestowing that same mercy on the other children of Heavenly Father. We need to forgive others if we want to be forgiven.

I love you guys so much! Thank you for all you do for me :) I'm so grateful for all of you, and I love being a missionary!

With all my love,

Hermana Townley

No comments:

Post a Comment