Monday, March 2, 2015

Stacie's email March 2, 2015

 These pictures were taken in my area. That's the international border into Mexico, and the entryway. 





Dear Family and Friends, 

Listening to the Spirit is like learning a new language. Since I have been out in the field, I have felt a constant urgency to learn and really understand how the Spirit speaks to me, and honestly, it's been just as much of a struggle as it has been to learn Spanish. Just as you have to do when learning a new language, you have to study -ALOT-, and learn the basics phrases of how the Spirit speaks. You then have to practice. Over and over and over again. Practice listening, then responding, and then listening again. You have to actively and consciously discern each and every prompting and act accordingly. You have to work for it, and it's not always easy! 

This week has been pretty good. Myra and Isabella have been out of town, so we haven't been able to see any progression with them yet. I went on exchanges in South Tucson earlier this week, and I loved it there! I think I would enjoy the work in the city, we did a lot of walking and knocking, but we had a lot of people to teach as well. It's kind of a scary area though, lots of drugs and crime in that area. 

We also had another baptism this weekend! It was wonderful to see little Natalia so excited to make her first covenant with the Lord! We love her so much, and we love teaching her family. 

So, I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, but General Conference is next month!! I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying in preparation for Conference, and I've decided to do a Book of Mormon challenge for all my friends and family back home :) 

My challenge for YOU is to read the entire Book of Mormon, starting this spring's General Conference, and finish with the fall General Conference. Here's the catch: read with a specific topic or question in mind. For example, I am wishing to learn more about personal revelation. You don't have to start all over either, but start from wherever you are currently at and finish in the same place. I will be starting with Alma chapter 2, and I will end with Alma chapter 1. Make sense? 

Those who accept my challenge, please email me personally with the topic/question you wish to study, where you will be starting, and a goal for how many pages you will read every day to finish by fall :) 

(I recommend starting with one of those cheap, new Books of Mormon, so you can focus on your topic)

I can't wait to hear back from you! I promise that if you accept my challenge, you will find the answer to your question many different ways and the Holy Ghost will testify over and over again to you the truthfulness of that book! I'm so grateful for the scriptures and for the guidance and comfort that they always bring me! I hope for you all to feel the same. 

I love you all so much! 

Love, Hermana Townley

-- 
Sister Stacie Morgan Townley 

No comments:

Post a Comment