Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Stacie's email May 12, 2015

 Free range



No pues



Sister Ferwerda and I

 Gila Valley Temple


Gila Valley Temple trip with the Zone!



Buenos Dias!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

So I'm going to be very brief in this email, but I just wanted to bear my testimony on bearing testimonies.

Since I've been a missionary, one of the most important things, if not THE most important thing, is to bear testimony. Always.  When I first started out, I would forget, almost every time, that I needed to end the lesson with my testimony. Sometimes it would seem redundant, especially if it was with active members, but I've been making it a goal this past month to bear testimony right from the heart during every lesson. And I've noticed a huge difference! Not only have my investigators been more likely to listen and follow commitments, but after almost every single lesson, they mention how loved they feel and how strong the Spirit is!

Bearing testimony immediately invites the Spirit, and is more powerful than any other concept or principle that we teach. Not only does it strengthen the testimonies of others listening, but as you listen to the Spirit and speak those things that you already know, your own testimony is strengthened as well.

This week I was able to go to the temple in the Gila Valley and I had several different prayers answered by Heavenly Father and I felt His love for me. I was also able to witness little Jesus get baptized into the church on Friday. I know that this church is the true church of Christ because I have felt His power and influence in the missionary work that I do. I feel His protection and love around me, and I know that He is there.  I know that He is aware of every trial, every sorrow, every challenge, and every happy moment that I experience. I love Him with all my heart, and I'm happy to be serving Him! I say that in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen. 
-- 
Sister Stacie Morgan Townley 

No comments:

Post a Comment