Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Stacie's email May 4, 2015

 I cut Elder Howard's hair! 



 Pete and Jayne :)
 I found a dead lizard



 Sister Walter, me, Hermana Ferwerda, and Hermana Aleman

 Jocelyn :)
 The Castletons!
 Me and Leslie Arias
 Adrian's new little one, Alyssa :)
Me and Hermana Ferwerda!

Buenos Dias a todos! 

What a crazy week it has been! I could talk forever about all of the miracles and tender mercies that the Lord blesses me with every day. With all of my heart, I know that Heavenly Father is powerful, merciful, loving, and ALIVE in every aspect. I am eternally grateful for my relationship with Him and for His love for me. My testimony has grown immensely just in this past week. Last week was discouraging and hard for me, but this week my area in Rio Rico has done a pretty incredible turn-around. I feel so elevated and inspired this week, and it's all because of the Spirit of the Lord that I feel so strongly every day. 

First of all, my new companion is AMAZING. She has taught me so many new things, and different aspects of missionary work that I didn't know existed. I am so blessed to be with her. I don't think I've worked so hard in my entire life. I come home everyday just exhausted, sometimes I struggle staying awake to plan for the next day, sometimes I wake up and wonder if I have the energy to get out of bed. And somehow the Lord always gives me strength, It's hard work, but so rewarding. I've been able to see that the harder I work, the more blessings I receive. I am reminded of the scripture in Mosiah 2:23-24 where it talks about how we are forever indebted to Him, our Creator. There is no way I will ever be able to pay Him back for the blessings He gives me, but I'm grateful to try! 

Last week I prayed specifically to find someone who WANTED to find God and devote their life to Him. The next morning we received a phone call from Maria Guatelupe, who just got out of prison. She told us that while she was in prison, she felt as low as a person could ever feel, and so alone. Her cellmate Margarita, however, is a member of our church who had fallen away and got caught up in the Mexican drug cartel a while back. Margarita and Maria became friends, and Margarita taught her how to pray. She also taught her about the Book of Mormon and told her how important it is that she learns more about it when she gets out of prison. So, when the time came, she called us. We had a wonderful first lesson with her, felt the Spirit, and invited her to be baptized into the church. She said "YES!". 

We were also able to find 4 other new people to teach, which is pretty hard to do in our area. We have started working a lot with the members here as well, and it's getting easier for me to discern people who need our help. Blessings are pouring in! 

The Lord is with me, and with all of us. He is real, and he is near! Please, find a new way to draw closer to Him this week. 

May God bless you all!

Hermana Townley

No comments:

Post a Comment