Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Stacie's email April 28, 2015

My dear family and loved ones, 

What a wonderful opportunity it is to serve the Lord at this time. It's been getting harder and harder for me to put into words how grateful I am to be serving here in Rio Rico, and to grow closer to Heavenly Father as I serve Him. I've had many very special experiences this week that have strengthened my testimony of my Savior and my relationship with Him. 

Unfortunately, several of our investigators have just dropped like flies. And, as a result, I learned that discouragement really is one of Satan's most powerful tools...and boy, is he working hard on me! My companion and I were both somewhat discouraged, when we both said a prayer together and then opened the Book of Mormon to a passage that gave us hope and encouraged us to go forward in faith. So we did. We began knocking doors at around 6:00 and didn't finish until it was time to go home. We found an older couple who's granddaughter is very sick. They invited us in and we prayed for her with them. It was a very special experience to me, because neither of them believe in God, but they felt His Spirit and were comforted by our prayer. They invited us back to see them tomorrow! 

Also during this time, my companion and I had forgotten to bring water with us to knock. In a normal area, you'd probably get a little thirsty out in the sun, but in Arizona, being thirsty feels like you might not survive haha. Anyway, we kept going, and I said a little prayer in my heart that we would find someone who would offer water to us.  Not even 5 minutes later, a member drove by and gave us 3 water bottles each. Heavenly Father really answers prayers and takes care of those who serve Him! 

Although we have lost some investigators, I am very hopeful that this transfer will be very successful. I have a new companion, as of today, whose name is Hermana Ferwerda. She is really wonderful, and we became friends as soon as we met. 

I hope you are all having a wonderful week and can feel of the love that God has for you. I know that the Lord is with us! He is involved in every single aspect of our lives, and we can depend on Him to take care of us. Miracles have not ceased! 

Love, Hermana Townley

No comments:

Post a Comment