Sunday, May 24, 2015

Stacie's email May 19, 2015

My dear family, 

Espero que tengan una semana maravillosa! I miss you all so much, but I know that I'm exactly where I need to be. This week was very challenging, very stressful, and very spiritual and inspiring. One of the things that is most apparent to me about missionary work, is that nothing is really in my hands. I am not really in control of anything, and as crazy and stressed out as that makes me, it also brings me great comfort in knowing that I'm in the hands of someone who is all knowing and perfect in every way. What a wonderful blessing to know that! This is His work, and it is moving forward quickly. "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing." We need to get on board or get left behind! 

I have felt so much love from my Heavenly Father this week. It would take all day to write about my experiences. But I want you all to know that He's teaching me, and He's helping me become the person that I need to become to continue serving him even after my mission. The work will not end until His coming! 

I've been caused to ponder a lot this week about my interview with the Lord when I will finally see him face to face. What would he ask me? What would I ask him? What would I tell him? Would I be confident to stand in His presence if I were to meet Him today? These kinds of questions have been brought up numerous times recently, and I feel as if He's trying to tell me and teach me how to prepare to meet Him. He's helping me get ready. I've read many scriptures and talks about this subject, but the one that I have found to be the most helpful is Alma 5. I invite all of you to read this chapter in the Book of Mormon within the week and ponder sincerely about what He's asking of us. Then, listen for the promptings and guidance of the Spirit to help you improve in whatever way Heavenly Father needs you to. 

We had a member of the Quorum of the Seventy come and talk to us yesterday, which is why they moved our P-Day to today. Our mission is moving forward, we are going digital! We will receive Ipads this week, and will gradually begin to use the internet to proselyte. Can you imagine all of the youth that we will be able to touch through technology? I am so excited! 

 Well, until next week! Love you all!

Love, Hermana Townley

P.S. Mom, will you send me a CD case please?

No comments:

Post a Comment