Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Stacie's email June 1, 2015

Dear family,

Happy Birthday to my superhero nephew. Ammon! and to my lovely sister Carissa! I can't even believe it's June already, time is always flying.

This week was busy and unpredictable! Nothing ever goes according to plan, but that's just a reminder that Heavenly Father is the one in charge, and I just need to be flexible with whatever He has planned for me and the people that I'm teaching right now. We are blessed tremendously! On top of finding 2 more families to teach, we've had a few old investigators call us and ask to take the missionary lessons again, and we've had referrals pouring in! We also have 4 people in our ward preparing for baptism by the end of this month, and we are really close to reactivating 2 other families in our ward (which is just as exciting and amazing as baptizing them). It's gotten to the point that our schedule struggles to fit everybody in! The Lord loves these people, I feel that so much as I teach them! He is so merciful to them, and missionary work is the most exciting thing to ever be involved in. I feel incredibly blessed to witness the changes that the Gospel brings in other peoples' lives. Prayers are being answered and miracles are happening!

I have had the opportunity also to get involved in many different service projects as of late. It is always a privilege to help people and to see their gratitude and appreciation whenever there is a load lifted off their shoulders.

With the passing of L. Tom Perry and Francis, the lady in our ward, I have just been so grateful this week for the knowledge of God's merciful Plan of Salvation! One of my favorite quotes from L. Tom Perry is this, "We can't predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond a shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." He was truly a disciple of Christ and lived what he taught! We will miss him dearly!

I love you all and pray for you daily! 

Love, Hermana Townley

p.s. Next week is transfer week, wish me luck! I'll talk to you all next Tuesday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment