Saturday, June 13, 2015

Stacie's email June 9, 2015 and pictures!




 Ruth and Manuel Romero
 La Familia Hernandez
 Karla
 Adrian and the Barnetts

 Hermana Millet




Hi everyone! 

First of all, Happy birthday to my darling Brenna Mae, and Tyler! 

This week was a pretty hectic one! I spent a lot of the week saying goodbyes to members that I've gotten really close to. It was really hard, harder than I expected. After serving with them for so long, they start to really feel like family! Saying goodbye also meant bearing a very heart felt last testimony to all of my investigators. I had a really wonderful experience with Ruth Romero when I did this. As soon as I started opening up about my own testimony, the Spirit was really able to touch her, and she began to confide in us in a way she never had before. She told us all of the reasons she was holding back on progressing in the Gospel, and I felt as if her heart was beginning to soften. It's amazing how the Spirit works, it's a truly amazing feeling to see the change in people because they feel the Spirit. Testimony is so powerful. It is an immediate tool that the Lord has given us to invite the Spirit in and create miracles. All we have to do is open our mouths, and let the Spirit do the rest. 

I've learned a lot these past few weeks what it means to really love people. By no means, I am not the best at it. But there is a certain type of love that inevitably comes when you see people in their most vulnerable states, and use the Gospel to serve them and give them hope. It's a type of love that is not obtainable from men, only through God. It's a gift from God that I am able to love these people in the way that I do. It is a type of love that just elevates, and then hurts when you are separated from them. 

I have been reassigned to serve in the South Tucson Sonora Branch with Hermana Lund. This area is very different than my last one. I'm in the heart of the city, and it is so crowded! The area is pretty poor too, so it will be a whole different type of missionary work that I'll be doing. Also, my new companion is younger than me in the mission. Lots of new challenges, lots of growth! It will be a great transfer! 

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer so far! I miss you! 

Love, Hermana Townley

No comments:

Post a Comment